United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice. Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more
than 100 countries around the world.
ENUMC's United Methodist Women usually meet on the first Monday of the month at 11 AM in the Fellowship Hall. Contact the church office for more information at (239) 774-4696.
What is United Methodist Women?
United Methodist Women is a faith-based membership organization of laywomen within The United Methodist Church. We are organized for mission and our members are committed to growing as disciples of Jesus Christ in community with other women and building the lives of women, children and youth. United Methodist Women has been in mission for more than 140 years.
Who is a MEMBER?
Any woman who wants to belong to and participate in the global mission of the church through United Methodist Women and who commits herself to the PURPOSE can become a member of United Methodist Women.
What is the PURPOSE?
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
What is the VISION?
United Methodist Women is turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth in the world.
What are the MISSION emphases of United Methodist Women?
· We provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.
· We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
· We equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches.
· We work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
· We provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.